Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Content-Based Materials

General introduction of the quiz game

I have developed quiz game on Multiplication table concept using PowerPoint Presentation for grade two learners. This game will serve as the assessment tool for children’s learning which will help in checking their understanding of the concepts. Psychologists believed that students learn better when they learn the concept in the form of play or games. Learning in the form of play or games activates the interest of learners and hence more participation in the learning activity. More the active participation of learners, better the learning will take place.

Activity Instructions
This Quiz game on Multiplication table will be able to recapitulate student’s learning and help them understand the concepts better.

The following instructions are considered while conducting the quiz game in the class:

Ø     Students will read the given instructions clearly and play the quiz game.

Ø     Students should think very carefully before choosing the options under each question.

Ø     They will not get second chance to attempt the question.

Ø      For correct choice of answer will get 10 points and – 5 points for incorrect choice.

Ø      The points will be displayed on last slideshow at the end of the quiz game.

Ø      The points will reset on clicking “Exit” button in slideshow.

However, students will play the quiz game again and again unless they get all the correct responses after the assessments are graded and recorded.

Click here to attempt the Quiz

Tools and Materials

I have used the PowerPoint Presentation to develop content-based materials that are the Quiz Game on the Multiplication table. First of all, I have brought the slide master into the show by clicking on the view option and selecting it. Slide master was duplicated to develop certain criteria to show the scored points in the Quiz game. I have selected developer tab from the ribbon and inserted the label in the slide master to developed scoring platform. 

The very interesting and complicated thing that I found was writing certain codes in view code to enable the functions to show instant response on clicking the options button in the Quiz game. It was also to award the points for correct and incorrect answer alternatively. Finally, I typed the questions and options for the Quiz and created link to correct and wrong answers using run macro  option from action button under insert tab. I have used 2-D shapes to made few figures related to Quiz game.

Implementation

This Quiz game learning material will be used to review the students learning outcomes. It can be used as assessment tool for all the contents. Since it is kind of very interactive learning activity, this can be included in every possible learning activity. The Quiz game can also be used to conduct house competition and inter classes quiz competition in the school. Such application would be recall for senior and information for junior students in the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Content-based material (June Month)

Tools and Materials I have used the phet simulations and selected a physic subject. I have developed activities based on the topic of bendin...